Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Question Session

Here are some questions I've been asked. Feel free to ask more. I'd be happy to answer them.

Why blog?
This blog is really only meant for myself. I find its a great way to keep the status of this production. I was one of those kids in school that always had to write things down to remember them.
I often go back and read through the blog and it gets me caught up.

Why a film about Bruddah Iz?
I find Israel to be a very fascinating person. Everything I've read about him points to him being a playful kid in a giant's body.
In a lot of my illustrations you'll see that I love to use things that are ironic, and a little out of place. Who more then Israel fits this description. I mean, we're talking about a guy who was 750lbs, and yet he had a heart of gold and an incredibly beautiful singing voice.

Why so many stupid smiley faces? =)
I have no clue why I add so many friggin smiley faces when I type on the computer. Its a disease that must stop. But, it won't =)

Why work alone?
Do i hate people? No, well maybe... no. I really love working in a team environment. So, why would I take on this venture alone? Surely, I have friends that can help? Surely, I have a few bucks I can throw at a student for some help? It really just boils down to being impatient. I don't want to have to wait on other people. I figure, If I can do it myself, then I should do it myself. Even if it means going outside of my boundaries. Especially if it means going outside my boundaries. Thats how we learn.
Working alone also gives me full creative control. I mean, I create other peoples ideas at work all day. I want to create my own ideas. The key is to always get feedback. Just the other day I took my fiancee's advise and redesigned the spirits.

Boxers or briefs?
Im out there Jerry and i'm loving every minute of it.

Where do babies come from?
Cheerleaders.

No comments: